June 27, 2011

Blonde Brownies

I would be doing you a disservice not to post this recipe. This is one my family's all-time favorite desserts, and honestly anyone I make this for LOVES it! There are two ways to serve this delicacy. 1) You can serve it hot, right out of the oven with vanilla ice cream and hot chocolate sauce (in this case, take them out a couple minutes early, so they are still gooey). Or 2) you can serve it cooled like a cookie or bar (if you do it this way, bake them the night before. They need a day or so to really get good!). You really need to try these. You will not be disappointed!!



Blonde Brownies

2 sticks butter, melted (I've tried it with salted and unsalted butter - salted butter creates a better overall flavor)
2 c. brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1-2 cups choc. chips

Combine all ingredients with a wire whisk or wooden spoon. Bake @350 in a 9 x 13 pan sprayed with Pam for 28-30 minutes.

Printer-friendly version

Let me know what you like about these and how you serve them! What about a substitute for the chocolate chips? I'd love to hear your ideas!

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)