May 22, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Husband!

Today my husband is 25. That seems so old to me! But despite his old age, we have had an activity-filled birthday weekend extravaganza. Why limit it to 1 day? :)

Friday night we went to see Pirates of the Caribbean in 3D at the IMAX theater. It was neat and we both agreed that 3D is a cool idea but at the same time kind of hurts your brain from all the stimulation. And we also agreed that they are going to have to figure out some way around the glasses thing before we EVER buy a 3D TV for our home. I mean really, will I actually put on these goofy looking goggles when I sit down to watch a movie? Still a fun night though! Movie was entertaining and we had a nice evening walk afterwards.

Saturday we slept in, went out to run errands, and then I set to work building his birthday cake and cooking dinner. We had a yummy dinner called Tilapia Piccata, opened presents, and then went out for drinks at a nearby pub we had never tried before. It was fun to go out just the two of us, since we usually do that with friends or family. Once we came home, we dug into Michael's cake: Devil's Food cake with a cream cheese/cool whip/Oreo filling and chocolate icing. Mmmm!


Today after church Michael's desire was to go find a rope swing down at Haw River... so being the good wife I am, I went with him and our friend Bryce to find it. After braving snakes, cicadas, poison ivy, and swimming across the river, we finally found the rope swing and had our fun jumping in the water. I am wiped out, but it was a fun afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)