November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving


Today I am headed home for the first time since July. This trip home is long overdue, and will actually be our longest visit at home since we've been married. To say I'm excited is an understatement! I think was about 8 in this photo, and yes, those are all of my siblings. This is one of my favorite pictures to look at when I get down. I am the oldest, and these guys mean the world to me. I can't believe how things have changed, seemingly so fast. I am so excited to see each and every one of them!

I thought I'd share what I'm thankful for this year, and I think that I definitely ought to make this an annual tradition.

Thankful for in 2011...

My family. (didn't see that one comin, did ya!) I love them all so much and I would be such a different person without them. As much as I've hated them at times, I've loved them 10,000 times more at others.

My loving husband. He takes care of me, makes me feel safe, and makes me laugh. He listens to me. He loves me when I'm being a brat, and he never lets me stay mad at him. I could go on.

God's provision. He really has a funny way of working things out. Just when I think I can do it on my own, He reminds me that I can't. And when I think I'm at my wits end, He reminds me that it's His job to take care of me. And He does - way better than I would have myself.

New friendships. At this time last year, I felt alone and I missed my college friends like crazy. Since then, God has allowed deeper friendships to form with our small group, and brought other people into my life. A tangible community is slowly starting to form, and I don't know where I would be without that!

A warm bed to sleep in and food in my fridge. It seems obvious and cliche, but lately I've really been struck with the fact that I am so much more fortunate than most of the world. Because I own a car, have a mediocre-paying job (by American standards), and can count on my next meal, I am in the top 5% of the world. Crazy.

Prayer. I get to talk to God directly - and He hears me!

The internet. Particularly the blogging world. I have learned so many things this past year from the blogs I follow and from Pinterest! It has been so fun!

Sweaters. Mugs filled with warm drinks. Trying new recipes. All things pumpkin. Warm showers. Fun earrings. Target. Old friends who know me. Newborn babies.


Think of what you're thankful for - it is a wonderful way to get your heart in a good place.
I hope you all have a warm & cozy Thanksgiving tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)