|Williamsburg, VA 2011|
I found this recipe on the label of my springform pan when I first bought it. I have been wanting to try it for a while now, and this occasion seemed perfect, since cheesecake is one of Michael's and my favorite desserts.
Anniversary Mocha Cheesecake
1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
4-5 tbs. butter, melted
2 tbs. sugar
1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
1 tbs. instant coffee (I used decaf)
3 8-oz. pkgs. cream cheese
1 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
1 tbs. flour
2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. sour cream
1/2 c. hot fudge or chocolate ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 325. Spray springform pan with cooking spray.
- For crust, mix crumbs, butter, and sugar. Press into bottom and sides of pan.
- For filling, heat cream until hot (do not boil). Add coffee; stir until dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugars until smooth and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour; blend well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each. Add vanilla, sour cream, and cooled coffee; blend well.
- Pour filling into pan; place in preheated oven. Fill a large pan with hot water and set on rack below cheesecake.
- Bake 70 to 75 minutes or until cheesecake is just slightly soft in center. Cool on cooling rack 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, add hot fudge topping.