July 7, 2014

4th of July Weekend


How was your 4th of July weekend? Ours was fantastic. I loved that the holiday fell on a weekend this year! The weather was unbelievably gorgeous and unusually not humid, so we got to spend most of it outside and I have to say I loved it. I can't remember a 4th of July with such amazing weather!




Friday morning I made this frittata, which was unbelievably easy and delicious. I also made the American Flag fruit pizza pictured above, which was pretty much a cookie with cream cheese frosting and fruit on top. Rich, but super delicious! We took Cooper for a swim and hike at our favorite park nearby our house, went to the pool, and then headed downtown with friends to check out the 4th of July festivities. After walking around the tents, trying some BBQ and beer, we ended up at Boylan Bridge Brewpub, which we found to have an excellent view of both fireworks shows going on downtown!

Saturday we found an excellent swimming hole that had the clearest water we've ever found in the area. We spent some time basking in the sun, searching for some good jumps, and making sure Cooper stayed nearby. We definitely want to go back with friends sometime soon! Sunday we decided to tackle painting the front door and shutters. When we bought our house, one of the first things I wanted to update was the exterior paint color. I didn't dislike the blue, but it was so worn out and dingy that it just needed a fresh coat of paint. We finally got around to it this weekend, and I have to say it made a huge difference. I'll post some before and after pictures later this week!

I hope your July 4th weekend was just as wonderful as mine!


4 comments:

  1. I think my computer ate my comment! Argh. ANYWAYS, this looks like a dreamy weekend! Seriously. That jump spot/swimming hole looks like the most fun ever. xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cooper is so cute swimming! looks like you guys had the best weekend - and delicious! the weather in the southeast was amazing, i'm thinking arthur brought us no humidity. and yay for fresh coats of paint :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great holiday! That flag pizza is adorable. I might have to steal that idea next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like such a good weekend! i agree that i loved the 4th falling on the weekend. we had a really relaxing weekend with gorgeous weather as well! can't wait to see pictures of your newly painted door and shutters!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)