May 28, 2013

Instagram Snapshots :: Spring 2013

1. A weekend away in Asheville. Michael had a conference so I tagged along! We hiked, toured the Grove Park Inn where the conference was, spent time in downtown Asheville, and had the best pizza of my life.
2. New summer bedspread! Our room tends to get really hot in the summer, so I swapped out our down comforter for this lightweight quilt I found on online. Of course that meant I needed new sheets as well. I love the fresh, white look and it's nice to have something different after almost 3 years of using the darker blue duvet gifted to us for our wedding.
3. We love when college friends get married, because that means it's always a reunion! It was so fun to see some good friends who I hadn't seen in a while, especially the one who recently had a baby!
4. This is actually from when my sisters came to visit in February. So ridiculous.
5. One of our gorgeous spring days here in NC! I hate having to work during weather like this.
6. We went camping in Tennessee and even though the weather was terrible we had a blast. It was pouring on the second night, so we opted to stay in a hotel that night, but it was still a lot of fun! We treated ourselves to crepes in Asheville on our way home. Mmm!
7. Trying to get fit for summer! This has been an ongoing process since January, but with the recent weather and the purchase of new running shoes it has been much easier to want to get outside and be active!
8. Some snapshots from our vacation to Palmetto Bluff in South Carolina. That place was heaven, I tell you! Read the recap here.
9. I took the plunge and threw my first surprise party ever for Michael's 27th. He may or may not have had a few clues, but overall the party was a huge success and we had so much fun with our friends who came to celebrate with us!
10. This is the best roasted veggie combo I've made, I think ever. Broccoli, cauliflower, and cherry tomatoes! It also helped that I used regular olive oil instead of extra virgin. See why in this post by Chris Loves Julia.
11. We had a family wedding to go to in Charlotte last weekend, so my whole family got to go out on my in-laws' boat on Lake Norman for the afternoon on Sunday. It was a perfect day. I am so sore from wakeboarding, but I am really amazed that I could still do it!
12. We sorted through all of my late grandpa's old pocket knives with my dad's family. He had quite the collection and it was neat to see all the different places he had collected them from.
13. Spending time with my mom and sisters cooking a Memorial Day feast was exactly how I wanted to end my 3-day weekend. So much fun to be with them & all of my dad's family!

+

Want to follow along? Check me out on instagram.

3 comments:

  1. there's our shared shirt! a few things - i love new, crisp, white bedding (the best), palmetto bluff really is heaven, roasted cherry tomatoes are the bee's knees, and yay for birthday surprises :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this recap! Good for you trying to get in shape and be healthy! I didn't know the trick to good roasted veggies was regular olive oil - noted! Also your Memorial Day weekend sounds so fun - hanging out with family and being outside. Glad you could all be together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so many great pictures!! i need to change our bedspread to our summer one but i just want a new one now !:) and how great to see college friends!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)