June 21, 2011

Herbs & a New Favorite

I have two things to tell you about today!


1. I have started an herb garden. Basil, cilantro, and parsley (in that order). In the dollar section at Target they were selling mini pots with seeds and soil inside to plant these herbs. Mini pots + bad soil = no herbs. So instead I transferred them to these pots with fresh, nutritious soil so they can grow fruitfully. And look at them now! It's only been a couple weeks, and soon I will get to use them in my recipes!


2. My second thing is about where I got the pots. Ever been to Carolina Pottery? It's my new favorite store! It's a HUGE home goods store with thousands of items all for amazing deals. These pots were only 99 cents each! If you're going to be potting some herbs or plants, I highly recommend you skip the Lowe's or Home Depot and head over to Carolina Pottery. They also have kitchen items, art, a wine collection, seasonal decorations, and so much more. So just be sure either your wallet or your will power is prepared before
going in. You have been forewarned.

1 comment:

  1. Love the new herbs Laura!! I can't wait to do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)